A book of umbellifers

I’ve always loved umbellifers and have lots in the garden, even allowing carrots to go to seed, so decided to do a whole book on them. I first sun printed a load on to fabric, then added more images, printing directly from the flowers with acrylic ink and also using decolorant to remove colour.  As well as the sun printed fabric, I used some that I had previously dyed using low-emersion dyeing and arashi dyeing techniques.  The rectangular pieces of Evelon were coloured using transfer dyes and plant material as resists.  Finally, I added machine and hand stitching, beads, sequins and mother of pearl buttons. On the cover I used acrylic mat medium to attach a real head of hogweed.


pages 1 -2

pages 3 - 4

pages 5 - 6

pages 7 - 8

pages 9 - 10

pages 11 - 12

pages 13 - 14

Back Cover

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *