Eco prints on paper

eco-print-paper-3

I thought I would experiment eco-printing on paper as well as fabric.  I tore the sheets into A5 size which would fit in my steamer,  wet them first, then laid on the flora,  with sheets back to back, so as to only get one image on each sheet.  The bundle was placed between two pieces of card, tied, weighted down and steamed for 2 hours, turning the bundle over half way through.  It was left to cool in situ until the following morning.  These are some of the best. View the Post

Compost dyeing

compost-dyeing-1

I recently learned about “compost dyeing” through buying an e-book from Kimberly Baxter Packwood, so though I would give it a go.  I used a piece of old sheeting, quite lightweight and rather worn after constant use.  I made a bundle using a few previously used pieces of pomegranate skin and a few fresh radish slices, a small piece of copper pipe and a bit of fine rusted wire, with elastic bands to hold it together.  I soaked it in vinegar solution and then buried it in the compost heap for a week. View the Post