I’ve finally got round to bringing this blog up to date. It was lovely to start work again and the first thing I did was an A5 sketchbook, just experimenting with different techniques, inspired by one Linda Kemshall was doing based on her own garden. Here are just a few pages from it.
Here the bleach from the previous page above has leached through to the next page and I decided to take advantage of it:
I also finished quilting a quilt I had started earlier in the year, inspired by Mickey Lawler’s Sky Quilts.
Each square is cut from cotton fabric that I had painted with Pebeo transparent fabric paints, except for one or two squares which had been dyed with Procion Mx dyes. I am not totally satisfied with the quilting stitches – I was trying out some new stitches and I am not convinced they all work.